This report provides a concise overview of the Dairy Food market in Brazil. After reading this report, you will understand the size of the market, the economic, demographic, and behavioral trends that will drive its evolution and the leading players within the market, allowing you to plan effectively for the future.
Introduction and Landscape
Why was the report written?
This overview of the consumer and market dynamics of the Brazilian Dairy Food sector allows new entrants and established players to gain rapid and comprehensive insight into the current state of the market and identify the key trends that will drive growth in the coming years.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
The demographic factors such as urbanization and an emerging global middle class will influence the consumption of Dairy products in Brazil. Growing personal income will result in an increased per-capita Dairy Food consumption in Brazil.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
Changing Age Structures and Better Value for Money are key trends driving growth in the Dairy Food market in Brazil.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
This report brings together consumer insight and market data to provide a comprehensive brief of the Brazilian Dairy Food sector. This allows for the rapid identification of key growth opportunities across major Dairy Food categories and their packaging.
Key Features and Benefits
Analysis of consumer behavior, economic conditions, and demography reveals emerging opportunities in the Dairy Food sector.
Key growth categories are highlighted by analyzing the market dynamics of major Dairy Food categories.
Market shares are provided for the leading brands and private label across Dairy Food categories.
An overview of packaging trends in the Brazilian Dairy Food sector is provided, including primary packaging material and type, packaging closures, and outer packaging.
Key Market Issues
The development of dairy technology to extend shelf life has changed distribution of Milk and Dairy Food from home delivered or sold in Hypermarkets & Supermarkets. Hypermarkets & Supermarkets continued to be the preferred distribution channel for Dairy Food, followed by Convenience Stores.
Traditionally Brazilís Dairy market was dominated by few national and international companies. However, several new dairy companies entered the market during 2006-2010 keen to participate in Brazilís fast growing Dairy market leading to second round of consolidation.
Established Dairy brands in Brazil were able to hold their market share because of product innovation and new launches, leaving penetration low for Private Labels.
Milk and Cheese are the largest market categories by value. While higher per-capita milk consumption is driving milk sales, Sales of Cheese are growing quickly in Brazil as food ingredient.
The Dairy Food market in Brazil is almost equally split by volume between male and female consumers. While Kids & Babies is the largest consumer group, Better-off men and women have the highest consumption share.
Greater value proposition is an important trend in the Dairy market as the countryís newly added middle class population are willing not only trading down to lower priced items, but also trading up to higher priced ones when they feel there is value in doing so.
Yogurt sales in Brazil are driven by the products health benefits. Obesity is a common health problem in Brazil as Brazilians tend to enjoy a high calorie diet.
Advanced packaging technology for Dairy products has contributed not only to extended shelf-life but also has eased supply chain pressures, enabling producers to ship products over greater distances. It also has led to greater product differentiation and line extensions.
Table of Contents
- Stable economic growth, large share of young population, and availability of easy consumer credit are driving growth in Brazil's retail sector
- High urbanization rate and rising middle income population favor growth in organized retail in Brazil
- Convenience Stores have a significantly high share in the distribution of Dairy Food products in Brazil
- Increased wealth and prosperity of Brazilís middle class population is driving growth in new food and beverage categories and in Foodservice
- Dairy Food market in Brazil is equally split between Male and Female consumers
- Tweens & Early Teens followed by Kids & Babies have the highest consumption frequency of Dairy Food in Brazil
- Changing Age Structures influence Dairy Food consumption the most, in Brazil
- Functional benefits and product sophistication are key trends in Brazilís Dairy market
- Brazilians say Cheese in the Dairy Food Market
- Cheese and Milk categories to gain market share during 2012-2017
- Dairy Food market in Brazil to expand due to rising per-capita consumption
- Focus on functional benefits driving innovations in Milk production in Brazil
Brands & Private Labels
- Brand retention by acquiring companies and higher entry and exit barriers preventing Private Label penetration in Brazilís Dairy market
- Growth of Private Label to be highest in the Puddings/Desserts category
- Liquid Milk in Flexible Plastic pouches are hugely popular in Brazil
- Increased shelf-life and durable packaging is driving innovation in Dairy packaging
Future OutlookĖ four key trends in Brazilian Dairy Food sector
Data Appendix & Summary Methodology
Please fill out the form. Our executive will get back to you within 24 hours.
If above report doesn't have the business information suitable for your business, we can provide custom research that would be lucrative for your business or enhance your profession. We leverage most comprehensive, affordable, high-quality custom research which will match exact topic & specifications of your choice.
Please visit Custom Research page to make an enquiry.